Sunday self care ideas so you can create your own Sunday self care routine
This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s amazing how practising small self care acts can have a positive impact on your mental health. In the busy world we all live in today it’s even more important to stop and take note of how we feel and pay attention to ourselves.
Do you find it all too easy to forget about yourself, and quickly start slipping back into normal ways of getting burnt out and overwhelmed? That is why a Sunday self care routine is perfect, if you do something every week, it soon starts to become a bit of a habit.
If you find that you are busy, juggling a lot of plates, consistently putting yourself last – or maybe you are pushing yourself too hard to reach goals you have set yourself, implementing one of these Sunday self care ideas will get you on the right track.
You may have heard the saying ‘you can’t fill from an empty cup’ – to enable us to care for others, our blogs and business’s, we have to care for ourselves. To be able to work at our best, we can’t be running on empty. Unfortunately, it isn’t so simple unless we schedule in that time to relax, pamper, excersize and have fun.
Once you give yourself those basic things, you will find you will be happier, and more productive.
Try one of these Sunday self care ideas to do this week – many cost nothing and take no time at all.
Sunday self care ideas for the body
- Go for a short stroll or jog in nature
- Put on your favourite song and dance
- Have a relaxing and detoxing Epsom salt bath
- Stretch or practice Yoga
- Try a new healthy recipe (and eat it)
- Watch a comedy or funny Youtube videos and have a laugh
- Go to a fun excersize class
- Do some healthy meal prep for the week
- Go on a bike ride
- Have a healthy picnic in a scenic spot
- Drink freshly squeezed orange juice to boost immune system
- Power clean your home – set aside 10 minutes to have a quick clean up
- Do something for your inner child – swing on a swing/jump on a trampoline!
- Join a running group
- Make a superfood hot chocolate
- Dry brush your skin to help get circulation going
- Try Reiki healing
- Sit in the sun for 15 minutes
- Moisturise your whole body to activate your self soothing system
- Run a race for charity
- Eat every meal slowly and mindfully
Sunday self care ideas for the mind
- Read a self development book
- Complete a page of a colouring book
- Write down your thoughts in a journal
- Turn off social media
- Do a guided meditation
- Do 3 minutes of deep breathing
- Learn a new skill
- Do something kind for someone you love
- Smile at, or start a conversation with a stranger
- Spend your day with your favourite positive people
- Be selfish and do something for you
- Write a bucket list of your favourite local places that you haven’t been to yet (and visit them)
- Plan a getaway to give yourself something to look forward to
- Make a vision board
- Leave a positive note somewhere that someone will find it #randomactsofkindness
- Make a gratitude list of things you are grateful for
- Listen to white noise to calm your mind
- Have a mindful cup of tea – just take notice of your thoughts and nothing else
- Spend 10 minutes star gazing or cloud watching without thinking of anything
- Complete a puzzle
- Play your favourite board game
- Try a DIY craft project you like from Pinterest
- Declutter your bedroom
- Re-organise your closet and find things you didn’t know you had!
- Put up some new art in your home – a change of scenery is good
- Re-arrange furniture
- Wake up and watch the sunrise
- Do that DIY task that you’ve been putting off
- Tick something off that has been on your to do list forever
- Declutter your workspace ready for the week
- Put aside some time to volunteer for a cause you care about
- Make an ‘accomplished’ list of all the things you’ve achieved that week (the opposite to a To Do list)
- Have your car cleaned (especially if you spend a lot of time commuting)
Sunday self care ideas for the soul
- Start a happy journal/box of compliments or notes people have given you and read them
- Create Sunday affirmations for yourself – tell yourself something you love about you
- Wear a fresh set of comfy PJs
- Make your own face mask and use it
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers
- Cuddle your pet (or borrow one!)
- Inhale an uplifting smell – try peppermint essential oil in a burner
- Go and get a facial
- Get a massage from your other half and vice versa
- Give yourself a DIY hair mask
- Look through old photographs
- Buy yourself your favourite magazine
- Bake yourself a cake or cookies (and eat them!)
- Splurge on a natural skin care product
- Listen to your favourite podcast
- Watch a motivational TED talk online
- Call your best friend
- Light some candles
- Sit by a fire if you have one in your home
- Curl up with a blanket and fluffy socks and watch your favourite box set
Everyone’s idea of self care is going to be different, so I hope you have been able to find something that you like from this list of 75 Sunday self care ideas. It might take time to get into a routine, but keep scheduling in that time for you, and you will see a definite improvement in your health and well-being.
Q: What is your self care routine going to consist of this Sunday?
Don’t forget to subscribe for more simple ways to improve your health and well-being, and if you like this post please share!